- - Do not wait until you have an emergency, you want to plan ahead to find a plumber that meets all your needs and you should start looking before you actually have a plumbing problem. Then you'll be prepared and know just who to call when your toilet wont flush or a pipes leaking. The problems are not always going to happen nice and orderly unfortunately between the hours of nine to five, in fact sods law dictates its almost certain to happen from 9pm to 5am! …. So you want to make sure the plumber has full 24 hour coverage care in case of an all out plumbing emergency, be sure to ask if additional charges are involved for this service.
- - Consider the costs. You want to find a good plumber, but you also want to find one that you can afford. You should not necessarily choose the plumber that is least expensive (often get what you pay for in all walks of life!), but you must shop around enough to find someone who really fits your budget.
- - Ask about background checks on employees. You’re allowing someone into the home and should be at peace that you can trust them to be there. This practice of checking references will ensure that there will never be a problem.
- - Determine what type of business you want to work with. Some people are very comfortable working with a family business that is very small. Other people prefer branded companies which are franchised. Know what your style is to reduce the chance of disappointment.
- - Meet the plumber in person. Your natural instinct will normally tell you if you are making the right decision. We recommend to listen to those instincts!
- - Its unlikely the plumber will live on the same street, but you should ensure they live within close proximity of the community so thyey can understand the specific needs of the area and give that sense of feeling for such things as the local water pressure and other factors that are best suited to a plumber from within the local community.
Here are some top tips to help you in choosing a plumber you will want to go back to again the next time your home has a plumbing problem:
Leaky tap Repair?
Leaking faucets can be quite a nuisance, since they can create water stains on the sink. However, besides this, they also have an environmental impact. Depending on the amount of damage to the valve, a leaking valve causes a loss of up to 3 gallons of water on an average daily basis!
Those who always fall back on a Canberra plumber to fix the problem can make that call and sit back and relax as thats the safe and easy option.
However some of you may be wondering how to fix a leaking tap? This is one of the most common plumbing problems, with proper instructions on repairing leaky faucets, preventing water from dripping from a leaky faucet can be very simple. What's even better to know that fix a leaky faucet can save you a few bucks!
Instructions on Leaky Valve and Tap Repair -
Determine if there are any Loose Nuts or bolts, Loose Nuts are one of the main causes for a leaky faucet. This may be due to a screw loosening, either in the packaging area or at the base of the handle. Take the handle and fix the leaky tap with a wrench or screw. In the event that the screw has to be replaced, then take to a local store and buy a new one of the same size.
Washer Rings to be Replaced
This is another reason for a leakage. Overtime a washing machine can get worn, loose or just plain hard. The ring seat wear and tear can also be through the use. This can cause the faucet to drip. To be sure, one should inspect the damage and the washer replaced.
The first step to repair leaky faucet to turn off the water supply to the faucet. This can be done by switching off the power supply that may be present just below the sink cabinet or in the floor. Some have to turn off the main valve which is usually present in the basement or elsewhere in the house. Turn on the tap to ensure that the water supply is cut off.
The next step is to take the handle off. This can be done by turning the screw at the top or at the back of the crane to be treated. Sometimes these screws under certain decorative plastic pieces that are either rotary or drop out when poked with a knife. If you have a knife blade, then pad up the area with tape or cloth to protect the finish of the cap. Now, remove the handle and packing nut underneath to loosen. This would expose the stem. Turn the handle in the direction you would turn the handle to the faucet on. This will help you to take out the stem of the valve. Examine the stem. In the case the threads are damaged, then the stem must be replaced by a new one.
Once done with the handle, inspect the washing machine. The ring is held in place on the underside of the valve by means of screws. Remove these screws to attach the ring to arrive. Examine the ring for damage. In the event that it is pressed or have worn out, it must be replaced by a new one. From then on, the washer is removed and the screws holding is dismantled, take a look at the screws too. If they appear damaged, needless to say, replace them with new ones.
Now the washer put back in the valve unit. Replace the handle and the tap handle. Turn off the water and check the faucet still leaks.
Read more at:; How to Fix a dripping Faucet, How to Fix a Leaking Shower Faucet; That is all that one needs to know about leaky faucet repair. It's so simple! So the next time you have a leaky faucet, you need not wait for the plumber. Follow these simple instructions and faucet repair to fix that dripping faucet.
Where to start ... our first blog post and we hope you enjoy them, we intend to deliver informative articles and Blog postings about our industry in general but also about plumbers specifically inCanberra where applicable so please saddle up (or at least subscribe to our RSS feed) and enjoy the ride!